Hartford Chapter - Who We Are
The Hartford IMA Chapter is an active chapter with 196 members, of which 97 (almost 50%) are CMA’s and 5 of CMA’s are also CSCA’s. We are from all stages of our professional careers. From student to professor, bookkeeper to CFO, our members serve the Hartford area in all capacities. There is no need to pursue the CMA or CSCA to be part of our organization. The networking, camaraderie, collective knowledge and other benefits are a contributing reason why others join our organization. We only ask that each member live by the IMA's core values and be a positive role model for those you serve. We have a proud and successful history dating back to 1922, when our chapter was chartered by the then National Association of Cost Accountants (NACA). Over the years, the name was changed to the National Association of Accountants (NAA) in 1957, and now is known as the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) since 1991.
Our mission is to advance the management accounting profession in the Greater Hartford area, to benefit Accountants and Financial Professionals in business, students planning to enter the accounting and finance profession, and to enhance the prospects of our local business community in finding associates who can fulfill the skill sets needed in today's technically advancing environment.
- We provide continuing education credits and proactive technical sessions nearly every month of the year, promoting knowledge sharing and networking.
- We reach out at college campuses to educate students on career paths which focus on the internal strategic and management needs of organizations across multiple industries and government entities of all sizes.
- We promote the CMA and CSCA as certifications that prove and continue to support the capabilities of our members and the needs of our local businesses.
- We coordinate plant tours along with other professional organizations to enhance networking opportunities and to facilitate introductions with area businesses and organizations.
- And, through our affiliation with the IMA NorthEast Regional Council, we also support and promote their quarterly sessions and annual fall educational conference with quality speakers and timely topics enhancing both technical and soft skills.
- We also offer scholarships to local students and promote IMA's regional and national scholarships and competitions to our chapter members and area schools.
We invite business professionals, faculty and students in our immediate and surrounding communities to join us for our local meetings/events and to consider the wide array of benefits that come with membership in the Institute of Management Accountants, a global organization of 140k + members strong and growing.
The IMA Hartford Chapter generally meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month between September - May.
Joining Our Chapter
There are IMA "unaffiliated members" in the surrounding community that we aren't aware of. This is to respect your personal privacy. Most of the time, people are simply unaware of the benefits of choosing an affiliation.
If you would like to join our chapter, log into imanet.org, click on myProfile and look under Membership Summary for a link to request a "Chapter Transfer". Then select the "Hartford Chapter". Going forward, you will receive our newsletters and event invitations. We want to be a part of your success story just as much as we appreciate you contributing to that of our local community.