Happy Holidays to All!
In keeping with our tradition to provide timely education to our members and other accounting and finance professionals, our December meeting was a tax update. CPA Dante Roccasecca from KPMG, who happens to also be a Hartford Chapter IMA Board member, shared a wealth of information on the ever-evolving federal tax laws. The tax changes are sure to bring about new considerations for tax payers, both corporations and individuals, in 2019 and beyond. Maybe it’s time to do some of your own planning? So glad for this chance to learn about what lies ahead!
On the horizon...Mark your calendars for the following events:
- Next Hartford Chapter meeting – January 15, 2019 – Chowder Pot, Hartford, CT – Hear Teamwork tips from a NASA consultant
- IMA NERC Quarterly – January 26 – Babson College – Babson Park, MA
- IMA Hartford Chapter – February 19 – Indian Hill Country Club – Newington, CT
- Jeff Thomson, IMA President – March 19 - Hawks Landing Country Club – Southington, CT "FACULTY take note! Free attendance with RSVP"
- IMA ACE 2019 – 100 Years and Counting – June 15–19 – San Diego, CA
While the holidays are in full force and the new year is right around the corner, I find myself reflecting on the events and interactions I have experienced over the past year and I become nostalgic. I feel blessed to have met and worked with so many great people. I want to take a moment and extend a heartfelt appreciation to our Hartford Chapter board members and our valued members! It is the dedication and loyalty all of you that make the Hartford chapter so vibrant and successful!
With this being my last message of 2018, I sincerely want to wish you a joyous and safe holiday season filled with wonderful times with family and friends. I am signing off with a quote by “Elizabeth Taylor, “It’s all about hope, kindness and a connection with one another”. So reach out and connect with us anytime! And... Be blessed!
Best regards,Linda Martin, Hartford Chapter President, 2018-2019